Blog Post 1

Introduction


Hi everyone,

I'm a second-year master's student specializing in social computing. I grew up in a small suburb of NYC, running cross country, playing tennis, and saxophone. My background is cognitive psychology and HCI from CMU in Pittsburgh. This summer, I will be moving to San Francisco for a full-time user research position with Chegg Tutors. I'm especially interested in what it takes for (online) e-tutors to be successful and how technology facilitates learning experiences. In my free time, I tutor local middle schoolers python and robotics.

Outside of academics, I enjoy cycling (when it's a bit warmer 😆) around the Ann Arbor local loop. I also enjoy travel and spent last year exploring the amazing state of Michigan, but sadly I sold my car this past break.

See yinz in class!

-Evan M

Comments

  1. Hey Evan! No offense to the LIS students, but it's nice to have a non-library student in the course, too!

    I'm wondering where/what organization you tutor through. I used to do some volunteer with 826 Michigan in Ypsilanti helping with after-school tutoring for students. I'm interested in how your experiences have been in tutoring for Python? It's cool to see so many programming initiatives becoming available for younger students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kelsey that it's definitely good to get an outside of specialization perspective in class. Psychology and an HCI focus seem like a fantastic combination for working at Chegg! Now that the semester is winding down, how applicable do you feel this course has been to your upcoming career?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment